Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Twenty-Eighth Day.

No more graduations related tests left, but some very good music got me through it.



Tightrope- Yeasayer

This would be the fourth song on the blogger playlist Dark Was the Night offers, but they only allowed three songs. As a late but much deserved treat, here in a video of the studio recording of the song. Definitely, this song is the most addictive one of the CD, though I'm still to debate if it is the best.

Neko Case's new album is all over pretty solid. The only songs that really impresses me though is "This Tornado Loves You" which I just find brilliant. Some of the lyrics bother me, like when she says she needs to take a bus to the fact that she needs love. Honestly taking a bus to a fact just bothers me in general. It seems to be too well appreciated for my response, so I'm gonna keep listening to it. Repetition seems to attract me to an album and appreciate it more (for example my change of hart concerning Bruce Peninsula http://onlyof09.blogspot.com/2009/02/eighth-day.html). I'll tell you how it all goes.

Today I sadly couldn't place The Clash to their music. I had absolutely no idea who it was when my friend put it on. Loosing touch with some of my 8th grade roots, but this experiment still has more pros than cons.

No comments: