Friday, February 13, 2009

The Eighth Day.

Today a stream of popular songs from the early 2000's have been running through my head. Like "You Don't Have to Call" by (Insert interchangeable R&B singer/dancer) and the ever amazing "She F***ing Hates Me" by Nickleback (a friend informed me it's actually by Puddle of Mud, so Nickleback has never had a good song basically)

No time at all for Internet surfing today. In fact this was the only time I was on at all. Bruce Peninsula is a savior in a field of all ready moderately disappointing releases in 2009 (can't wait for March releases). Though it took some time to love, as most amazing albums seem to do when you first are introduced to the new style and format of the artists new sound or if it's the first time your hearing it, it now seems to be filled with completely necessary songs. My previous statement about the only really stand out songs being the ones most popularly rated in iTunes, there is in fact no song that now doesn't stand out, with either one catchy phrase or simply an amazing sounding segment, all the songs are necessary and enjoyable.

Today I got to listen to some Sublime. From this I remembered how amazing the song "Caress me Down" is. First listened to when I was about 12, it was scandalous, and I only enjoyed it because of it's taboo. Now I can see it has what every song needs. Voice distortion, a simple catchy choirs, and the fact that they are Sublime is not a damning fact either.

No comments: