Monday, February 9, 2009

A difficult day.

I'm writing for Sunday the 8th, because my Internet was down yesterday and nothing exciting happened today.

Yesterday I bought the Bruce Peninsula album A Mountain Is a Mouth. The whole album is decent, but there are definitely stand out songs separate from the album. Crabapples in particular, is a fantastic track. as well shanty song. basically anything that has a high popularity in the iTunes store.

I found a website with awesome tracks, mixed in with many dance remixes that basically sound the same. Here is an example of three good tracks off of it.

Driving home from seeing a friend who is barely awake in the ICU, two songs off of albums from this year seemed to completely fit the visit, epically how he might feel.
-Bruce Peninsula- Shanty Song
-Animal Collective- In the Flowers

Allowing others to choose music for me to listen too, my friend put Arctic Monkey on in the car on the way to see our mutual friend in the ICU. They were old albums because she hadn't updated the ipod in a long time, so stuff off of Favorite Worst Nightmares and Whatever People Say I am, That. Almost any track on those albums are amazing and I'm looking forward to the new Arctic Monkies album.

No comments: