Thursday, February 5, 2009

The first day.

Today was already semi-difficult. 
Yesterday I had not yet started and I was listening to a album by Pop Levi (http://www.poplevi.com/)  which sadly was not released this year. I would really like to go back to that album, but now I will have to wait a year for something that was otherwise new in my mind.

Right now I only have three albums to listen to. One of which is bootlegged, and I can't get on my iPod.
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillon
-specifically My Girls 
- (http://www.myanimalhome.net/) there's the spectacularly created video
Beirut - March of the Zapotec/Holland EP 
- (http://www.beirutband.com/) there is the official site.
Grizzly Bear, Live at Boston November 14, 2008
-yes I know it's from 2008, but I'm only limiting my listening to only the tracks "Two Weeks", "While You Wait For Others", "2 HUD", and "Fine For Now" which will be released on their album in May.

I've heard of a few other releases. A second ago I was checking out The Pains of Being Pure at Heart's Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/thepainsofbeingpureatheart)
Sadly it's very unexciting and I will most likely not download anything. Honestly it doesn't interest me. Very 80's pop band like. If your a fan there decent, for me the genre always comes out thin.

Allowing others to choose music out of there own free will left me making paper cranes for a friend with a group of other friends that don't even know him listening to Beck, specifically Beck remixes because those are the first in my line up of Beck on my iPod apparently. It was supriseingly entertaining and honestly helped maintain some sanity as it contrasted the tedious work of following paper folding instructions. Something about Mario sounds is soothing.

As we listened to Beck, I found that "Rental Car" by Beck has a very similar melody to one of Nirvana's songs. At first I thought Beck had covered the song (which's title I cannot remember) but it was not a cover, simply a very similar melody. Unable to check, I will only have to guess it is true.


Right now: The Kills "Cheap and Cheerful" on repeat until I finish homework



No comments: