Sunday, June 28, 2009

A day. It's summmer.

Soooo I'm terrible at blogging apparently. I definately could have come on here more but I fell I have nothing important to say and playlists become much more of a chore to create when the likely hood that anyone is looking at it is slim..

so, once a week now I will definitely create a blurb for the week.

This week I found out that Matt and Kim's album came out in January. My misconception was that their album came out December-ish. So now I get to listen to them. My little brother already has Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare Stuck in his head and I'm slowly getting to my whole family.

No Doubt was amazing live and Paramore were fine performers, though I have yet to enjoy their music. Janelle Monae opened for Paramore, and though she had some sick/spastic dance moves but it was a weird way to be introduced to her music. Standing in the rain in the lawn at the PNC center (?) in Southern New Jersey that is. Gwen is still a beast and all the guys still possess their youthful dance moves/ jumping skills. The only thing more I could have wanted was for No Doubt to play some of their old super ska stuff off of the Becon Street Collection and their Self Titled Album.

Looking forward to several free concerts in the city as well as All Points West.

Today I released that St. Vincent and Grizzly Bear caught the same guitar sound on a few of their tracks. Also, Yeasayer's drummer and lead singer have very similar styles as Grizzly Bear's drummer and lead singer. Either they should make a super album or go on tour together.

No comments: