Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Fifth Playlist.

 And also one of the first that's been posted on a Saturday for awhile. Sorry about that.

This playlist is going to be some music from a Jazz station I was listening too, as well as songs from bands Animal Collective was influenced by, because I was listening to Jazz music in the situation I was placed in, but I wanted to study these other bands Animal Collective was influenced by.

1. You Don't Know Like I Know - Sam & Dave (1966)
2. Marvin Gaye - Stubborn Kind of Fellow (1962) (The version I heard must have been from earlier, and it was a young Marvin Gaye backed by The Temptations, or at least that's my understating from the radio station as I was following people places and worrying about my at-the- moment non working iPod. If your really interested in the version that I heard which was absolutely amazing, the website for the radio station is http://www.wbgo.org/)
3. Contract on Love - Stevie Wonder (1962)
4. Clua Koonde - S. E. Rogie (the playful simplicity and delivery, but truly rich and complex beat most obviously influenced Animal Collective.)
5. Ena Eye A Mane Me - African Brothers Dance Band (International) 
The beginning of this song seems way too modern, and could be almost an exact sample from many recent works, along with Animal Collective.
        (Download a whole album of theirs at http://www.divshare.com/download/3469050-52f

No comments: